Civitae Alpha 2 - Implementing a lot of your feedback!
Today we release the second Alpha of Civitae. We implemented a lot of your amazing feedback!
If you don't want to read the details, here the major changes:
- Warehouse and store works in a completely different way now. Taking inspiration from old games like Pharaoh, each warehouse have 6 slots to store one type of item each. You can configure how much slots is available per item and they are accepting every type of item when you build them
- Your save-games from alpha 1 are NOT COMPATIBLE. Sorry, I had to update unity from 2017.1.1f1 to 2019.3.0a3 to fix some issue, the .net framework is updated and the serialisation broke :(
The full list of bug-fixes and improvements:
- Warehouse and store works in a completely different way now. See beginning of post
- Woodcutter now cut the trees slower but still produce the same amount of wood
- Overlay now refresh every month when opened.
- Transporter now spawn at centre of building if building size is bigger than 1x1
- Fix a bug preventing small primitive house to go buy bread if their food need was lower than the satisfaction provided by a single peace of bread
- Building Road is now easier, when opening the build road menu, you can start building road directly without having to select a road type. You can also build multiple road at once without re-opening the menu
- Greatly improve the house restock of food (and other needs). Houses should not get stuck trying to keep a maximum stock of food anymore and never upgrading as their transporter is in a loop between the shop and the house.
- Tweak the tutorial
- Scale the resolution of the UI for less common resolutions
- Speed up default zoom speed with mouse wheel
- Add a Copy / Paste option for warehouse and store configurations
- Create a separate dialog for warehouse and store configurations
- Show a warning icon and text when nothing is accepted in a warehouse or store
- Refresh the "no road" warning on building as soon as a new road is built next to them
- Refresh the "building off" warning icon as soon as the building is turned on/off
- The coloured radius around building is now partially transparent and shouldn't hide everything else
- Add an overall consumption for 12 months in the City Panel, next to stocks
- Add an overall consumption for 1 month in the City Panel, next to stock - This UI info may disappear soon, I think it's a bit messy, let me know you thoughts
- Do not show unity Logo on spashscreen
- Pressing 'ESC' to close dialog is working now, except for the save and load dialog
- Rebinding key shortcut now accept any keyboard keys
- There is a cancel button when rebinding a key shortcut
- Add a new visualisation of the selected menu in the bottom bar. ie: if the "build industrial building" is open, the icon for it light up.
- Tweak a lot of button positions
- Tweak a lot of wordings
- Add a sound feedback when changing sound effect volume in settings menu
- Bug Fixes:
- The road building tool should not try to build road though building that are big buildings anymore
- Fix a bug that made the "Go to World map" disappear on reload
- ALT-F4 now properly close the game on windows
- Add "Alpha X - Report a bug" on every screen
- Update unity from 2017.1.1f1 to 2019.3.0a3
- Greatly improve performance of transporter when moving between tiles
- Improve Overlay speed
- Improve frame monitor and TimeSlices warnings (debug info on F7)
Once again, thanks to all of you for your great feedback! We of course still have a lot of them to implement, but even if you didn't see your feedback solved in this list, it is not forgotten!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.